The Diamond Site is a remediated brownfield owned by the City of Ogdensburg that is available for redevelopment. Featuring approximately one quarter mile of frontage along the St. Lawrence River, the Diamond Site offers an exceptional opportunity for waterfront redevelopment.
All remediation work necessary for redevelopment is complete and an environmental easement and Site Management Plan (SMP) have been put in place. A Certificate of Completion (COC) from the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC) has been received.
- Location: 1 Madison Avenue and 2 Madison Avenue
- Parcels: Two parcels (Block 59.021-4 Lots 1.12 and 1.13)
- Acreage: 24.21 total acres, including 8.63 submerged acres in the St. Lawrence River
- Environmental Conditions: Environmental Easement and a Site Management Plan (SMP)
- Allowable Uses: Industrial, commercial or restricted-residential uses.
- Zoning: Residential/Business Mixed Use (R/B) District with additional flexibility provided through the City’s Planned Development District (PDD).
- Utilities: Site is serviced by public water and sewer, and natural gas and optic fiber are nearby. Electric rates are approximately 8.5 cents/kwh.
Request for Proposals
The City of Ogdensburg is seeking proposals for the redevelopment of this strategically located property. Contact us for additional information and to tour the property.
Response to RFP Questions
The City of Ogdensburg has prepared a response to questions raised by prospective respondents of the Request for Proposal (RFP) for the Diamond Site. The response to questions can be found here. This document will be periodically updated throughout the RFP process.
Information Session Recording
An Information Session was held on August 10, 2021, providing additional details and insight into the Diamond Site RFP. A recording of the meeting can be viewed here.